- 27 June 2017th Jane Verity Chaired the Dementia Reform, Funding & Innovation National Conference held in Melbourne.
Spark of Life Education Courses
- Singapore – 10th-13th April 2018
The TSAO Foundation in Singapore had organised for their teams to receive the experiential education on the Spark of Life Philosophy and learn directly from the Founder, Jane Verity.
Day one saw all 115 staff members attend the new 1-day signature presentation that brings together a kaleidoscope of the best of the Spark of Life Philosophy. This had been made possible by closing all programs and services for the day.
Forty team members then participated in the 3-day Certified Spark of Life Club Facilitator Course, where they learned profound skills that can be applied to any social group program. Congratulations to everyone who passed with flying colours.
- New Zealand 14th-18th May 2018
Staff at Adriel House & Resthome, South Island, New Zealand were invited to take part in the new 1-day presentation on ‘How to Ignite the Spark of Life – a Day on Culture Enrichment’ presented by the Founder Jane Verity. This day was repeated so everyone had the opportunity to attend including family members and people from the community.
Ten of the 41 staff members who had applied were then granted the opportunity to participate in the 3-day Certified Spark of Life Club Facilitator Course, leaving everyone enthusiastic about a future where all their residents have the opportunity to participate in a Club.
Everyone benefited from the education on how to set up and run the clubs and they came together as a team. They learnt so much that was positive about each other from the experiential exercises and the discussions shared by all.
- 21st to 23rd June 2017 – 3-Day Spark of Life Certified Practitioner Course – Perth, Western Australia
- 9th March 2017 – 1-day introductory seminar on Spark of Life Philosophy, Hobart, Tasmania
- 15th March 2017 – 1-day introductory seminar on Spark of Life Philosophy for staff and community, Cessnock Masonic Retirement Village, New South Wales
- 21st to 23rd March 2017 – 3-day Spark of Life Certified Club Facilitator Course, Singapore in partnership with ProAge
- 24th March 2017 – 1-day Spark of Life Seminar on How to Dissolve Challenging Behaviours, Singapore in partnership with ProAge
- 25th March 2017 – 1-day introductory seminar on Spark of Life Philosophy for staff at Apex Harmony Lodge, Singapore
Past Community Presentations – Perth & Melbourne
- 1st August 2017 – National Seniors Association, North Perth, Western Australia
- 26th July 2017 –In partnership with Marina Purslowe & Purslowe Funerals, Fremantle, Perth, Western Australia
- 12th July 2017 – In partnership with Simplicity Funerals, Kelmscott, Perth, Western Australia
- 14th June 2017 – In partnership with Chipper Funerals & Oakwood Funerals, Rockingham , Perth, Western Australia
- 1st June 2017 – In partnership with students of business at Perth TAFE
- 31st May 2017 – Introductory presentation to the Spark of Life Philosophy for 1st year Occupational Therapy students at the Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, Perth, Western Australia
- 29th May 2017 – Introductory seminar on Spark of Life Philosophy for Allied Health Student Association
- 12th April 2017 – Spark of Life Community Presentation in partnership with Chipper Funerals & Marina Purslowe Funerals, Subiaco, Perth Western Australia
- 29th March 2017 – In partnership with Simplicity Funerals, Joondalup, Perth, Western Australia
- 22nd March 2017 – In partnership with Marina Purslowe & Purslowe Funerals, Midland, Perth, Western Australia